15 Jan Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update January 15
Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update January 15
Demolition on the southbound I-580 Mill Street and Second Street bridges is anticipated to begin this month. Depending on weather, the Mill Street bridge will be removed during a marathon weekend beginning Friday, January 22 at 10 p.m. until Monday, January 25 at 5 am. The Second Street bridge will be removed the following weekend beginning Friday, January 29 at 10 p.m. to Monday, February 1 at 5 am. Traffic control and construction will be ongoing 24-hours a day during these operations.
Crews will restripe I-580 for the new traffic configuration the week of January 17. Southbound lanes will be reduced and substantially shifted from the spaghetti bowl to Villanova Drive. Drivers are advised to anticipate delays and new traffic configurations. Please leave extra travel time through the spaghetti bowl and consider alternate routes.
Drivers can expect the following traffic control below during the week of January 17. Traffic control and detour maps are available here.
Week of January 17
Northbound I-580 Lane Reductions and Nightly Ramp Closures
Northbound I-580 lane reductions from the spaghetti bowl to Villanova Drive. Ongoing intermittent ramp closures on northbound I-580 between the spaghetti bowl and Villanova Drive nightly from 9 pm to 6 am.
- Northbound I-580 Mill Street off ramp
- Northbound I-580 Villanova Drive on-ramp
Southbound I-580 Lane Reductions and Nightly Ramp Closures
Southbound I-580 lane closures from the spaghetti bowl to Villanova Drive. Ongoing intermittent ramp closures on southbound I-580 between the spaghetti bowl and Villanova Drive nightly from 9 pm to 6 am.
- Southbound I-580 Mill Street on ramp
- Southbound Second Street on and off-ramps
No two consecutive on or off ramps will be closed at the same time.
Reno Spaghetti Bowl Ramps
Eastbound I-80 to northbound and southbound I-580/U.S. 395 ramps intermittently CLOSED overnight (9 pm to 6 am) for bridge widening. When both ramps are closed, detour via I-80 to Rock Blvd. to westbound I-80 to northbound and southbound I-580/U.S. 395.
Anticipated Traffic Control * subject to change
- Through April 2021: Daytime and nighttime lane closures on Mill Street from Kietzke Lane to Terminal Way/Greg Street.
- Through February 2021: Northbound Market Street closure from Vassar Street to Louise Street will occur intermittently, Monday through Friday, from 7 am to 4 pm. Southbound Market Street will remain open and businesses will be accessible. Northbound Market Street detours will be available traveling westbound on Vassar Street to Harvard Way and traveling eastbound on Vassar Street to Terminal Way and to Mill Street. Parking restrictions on both sides of Market Street.
- Through April 2021: Daytime and nighttime lane closures on Second Street from Kietzke Lane to Galletti Way.
- Through April 2021: Daytime lane closures on Vassar Street from Market Street to Matley Lane for utility improvements.
Motorists can expect additional intermittent lane closures/shifts and ramp closures on I-580 from the spaghetti bowl to Villanova Drive/Plumb Lane through 2021
Nighttime construction hours are approximately 9 pm to 6 am. Daytime construction hours are approximately 7 am to 5 pm. Drivers can expect reduced speeds through the work zone. All construction activities and times are subject to change and weather dependent.
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS
TEXT: 797979 with “SBX” for project updates via text