11 Mar Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update Week of March 14
Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update Week of March 14
“The BIG SQUEEZE”
Drivers will see new interstate traffic configurations beginning this week through spring of 2022. Known as the “Big Squeeze,” these new lane and merge changes will “squeeze” traffic lanes through the spaghetti bowl as ramp and bridge improvements are made. These traffic changes, originally scheduled for last week, were rescheduled for weather and will now begin the week of
- Eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580 spaghetti bowl ramp will be temporarily reconfigured to one lane with a dedicated merge lane to southbound I-580.
- Westbound I-80 to southbound I-580 traffic will merge directly into southbound I-580 through-traffic.
- Southbound I-580 travel lanes will be shifted through the work zone.
- Drivers are encouraged to consider alternate routes, plan ahead, allow for extra travel time, slow down and obey all traffic signs.
Drivers can expect the following traffic control during the week of March 14. Traffic control and detour maps are available here. Construction operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Reno Spaghetti Bowl Ramp Closures
Ramps will be CLOSED intermittently overnight from 9 pm to 6 am beginning Sunday, March 14 to Friday, March 19. Please use marked detour routes.
- Northbound I-580 to eastbound I-80.
- Northbound I-580 to westbound I-80.
- Westbound I-80 to southbound U.S. 395/I-580.
- Eastbound I-80 to northbound U.S. 395.
- Eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580.
I-580 Ramp Closures
Ramps will be CLOSED intermittently overnight from 9 pm to 6 am beginning Sunday, March14 to Friday, March 19. Please use marked detour routes.
- Southbound I-580 at Second Street on and off ramps.
- Southbound I-580 at Mill Street on and off ramps.
Second Street off ramp and Mill Street off ramp will not be closed at the same time.
- Northbound I-580 at Second Street on ramp.
- Intermittent daytime lane restrictions on Fourth Street from Sixth Street to Galletti Way from March 15 to March 19. Business access will remain open.
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS
TEXT: 797979 with “SBX” for project updates via text
Nighttime construction hours are approximately 9 pm to 6 am. Daytime construction hours are approximately 7 am to 5 pm. Drivers can expect reduced speeds through the work zone. All construction activities and times are subject to change and weather dependent