19 Apr Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Ramp and Lane Closures Week of April 18
RAMP AND LANE CLOSURES FOR WEEK OF APRIL 18 AS PART OF RENO SPAGHETTI BOWL XPRESS CONSTRUCTION
The Nevada Department of Transportation is announcing lane and ramp closures for the week of April 18 as part of continuing Reno spaghetti bowl improvements.
The following lane and ramp closures will take place for bridge and other construction. Detours will be noted by traffic signs. All construction activities and times are subject to change and weather dependent.
Continuing Spaghetti Bowl and I-580 Ramp/Lane Closures
- This spaghetti bowl ramp will intermittently close overnight Sunday, April 18 through Friday, April 23 from 9p.m. to 6a.m. (additional periodic ramp closures to continue through 2022):
- Eastbound I-80 to northbound U.S. 395
- Southbound I-580 off ramp to Second Street intermittently closed from 9p.m. to 6a.m. Sundays through Thursdays through atleast June 2021.
- Southbound I-580 ramps to Mill Street intermittently closed from 9p.m. to 6a.m. Sundays through Fridays through atleast June 2021.
Second Street off ramp and Mill Street off ramp will not be closed at the same time.
I-580 Southbound Lane Restrictions
- Nightly lane reductions on southbound I-580 between Mill Street and the spaghetti bowl from 9p.m. to 6a.m.
Overnight Surface Street Lane Closures
- Continuing surface street lane closures:
The improvements are part of construction of the first phase of NDOT’s spaghetti bowl renovations, known as Spaghetti Bowl Xpress. Over the next two years, the eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580 Spaghetti Bowl ramp will be widened to two lanes and eastbound Interstate 80 lanes between Wells Avenue and the Spaghetti Bowl striped. On southbound I-580, auxiliary merge lanes and improved ramps will also be added between the Spaghetti Bowl and Plumb Lane, along with sound and aesthetic walls. The first phase of construction will not require relocation of any residences.
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS
TEXT: 797979 with “SBX” for project updates via text
Nighttime construction hours are approximately 9 pm to 6 am. Daytime construction hours are approximately 7 am to 5 pm. Drivers can expect reduced speeds through the work zone. All construction activities and times are subject to change and weather dependent.