30 Apr National Work Zone Awareness Week
National Work Zone Awareness Week
This week is National Work Zone Awareness Week, a week to remind motorists to drive safely in road work zones. With major highway improvement projects across the region, the Nevada Department of Transportation and Nevada Highway Patrol are reminding motorists to drive safely in road work zones.
Additional work zone driving safety information: https://www.dot.nv.gov/safety/work-zone-driving-safety
Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update Week of May 2
Drivers can expect the following traffic control during the week of May 2. Traffic control and detour maps are available here. Construction operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Reno Spaghetti Bowl Ramp Closure
Ramp will be CLOSED intermittently overnight from 9 pm to 6 am Sunday, May 2 to Friday, May 7. Please use marked detour routes.
- Eastbound I-80 to northbound US-395.
I-580 Ramp Closures
Ramps will be CLOSED intermittently overnight from 9 pm to 6 am Sunday, May 2 to Friday, May 7. Please use marked detour routes.
- Southbound I-580 at Mill Street on and off ramps.
- Southbound I-580 at Second Street on and off ramps.
- Daytime southbound I-580 Second Street off ramp closure from 3 pm to
6 am on Monday, May 3. Consecutive Second Street and Mill Street on and off ramps will not be closed at the same time.
- Look for slight lane shifts on southbound I-580 immediately south of the spaghetti bowl.
I-580 Southbound Lane Restrictions
- Overnight lane reductions on southbound I-580 between the spaghetti bowl and Mill Street from 9 pm to 6 am.
- Second Street will be reduced to two lanes underneath I-580 nightly from 8 pm on May 4 to 6 am on May 7.
- Second Street will be closed to through traffic underneath I-580 overnight from 8 pm on May 3 to 6 am on May 4. Detour via Kietzke Lane to Mill Street. Second Street and Kietzke Lane will not be closed at the same time.
- Kietzke Lane from north of Second Street to Galletti Way will be closed overnight 8 pm to 6 am between May 2 to 7. Detour via Second Street. Business access will remain open. Kietzke Lane and Second Street will not be closed at the same time.
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS
TEXT: 797979 with “SBX” for project updates via text
Nighttime construction hours are approximately 9 pm to 6 am. Daytime construction hours are approximately 7 am to 5 pm. Drivers can expect reduced speeds through the work zone. All construction activities and times are subject to change and weather dependent.