07 May I-580 LANE/RAMP CLOSURES FOR RENO SPAGHETTI BOWL XPRESS CONSTRUCTION MAY 9-14
XPRESS CONSTRUCTION MAY 9-14
The Nevada Department of Transportation is announcing overnight lane and ramp closures for the week of May 9 as part of continuing Reno Spaghetti Bowl improvements.
KIETZKE LANE NIGHTTIME CLOSURE
Sections of southbound I-580 bridges over Kietzke Lane will be removed to allow for future bridge widening.
- Kietzke Lane closed underneath I-580 between Kuenzli Lane and Galletti Way 8p.m. to 6a.m. weekdays
May 7 to May 14.
CONTINUING SPAGHETTI BOWL AND I-580 RAMP/LANE CLOSURES
- These spaghetti bowl ramps will intermittently close overnight May 9 through May 14 from 9p.m. to 6a.m.
(additional periodic ramp closures to continue through 2022). Both ramps will not be closed at the same
Eastbound I-80 to northbound U.S. 395
Eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580
- Southbound I-580 ramps to Mill Street intermittently closed from 9p.m. to 6a.m. Sundays through Fridays
through atleast June 2021.
- Other surface street lane closures: https://ndotspaghettibowl.com/wp-
SECOND STREET INTERCHANGE CLOSURE
New bridge decking is being installed in preparation to widen the southbound I-580 bridge over Second Street by approximately 120 feet.
- Second Street reduced to one lane in each direction under I-580 nightly 9p.m. to 6a.m. May 10 to May 14.
I-580 LANE REDUCTIONS/SHIFTS
- Nightly lane reductions on southbound I-580 between Mill Street and spaghetti bowl from 9p.m. to 6a.m.Schedule is subject to change based on weather and other factors.
The improvements are part of construction of the first phase of NDOT’s spaghetti bowl renovations, known as Spaghetti Bowl Xpress. Over the next two years, the eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580 Spaghetti Bowl ramp will be widened to two lanes and eastbound Interstate 80 lanes between Wells Avenue and the Spaghetti Bowl striped. On southbound I-580, auxiliary merge lanes and improved ramps will also be added between the Spaghetti Bowl and Plumb Lane, along with sound and aesthetic walls. The first phase of construction will not require relocation of any residences.
Project information and sign-up for e-mail project updates is available at www.ndotspaghettibowl.com.