04 Jun RAMP AND LANE CLOSURES FOR SPAGHETTI BOWL XPRESS CONSTRUCTION JUNE 6-11
RAMP AND LANE CLOSURES FOR SPAGHETTI BOWL XPRESS CONSTRUCTION JUNE 6-11
CARSON CITY, Nev. – The Nevada Department of Transportation is announcing lane and ramp closures for the week of June 6 as part of continuing Reno Spaghetti Bowl improvements.
MILL STREET ON RAMP TO SOUTHBOUND I-580 CLOSURE
Interstate ramps are being reconstructed.
- The Mill Street on ramp to southbound I-580 will be closed 24-hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week beginning Sunday, June 6 to Monday, June 21. Detour via Terminal Way or Kietzke Lane to access southbound I-580 via Plumb Lane.
KIETZKE LANE NIGHTTIME CLOSURE
Sections of southbound I-580 bridges over Kietzke Lane will be removed to allow for future bridge renovation/widening. Detours posted.
- Kietzke Lane closed underneath I-580 between Kuenzli Lane and Galletti Way nightly 8p.m. to 6a.m. June 6 to June 11.
SPAGHETTI BOWL AND I-580 RAMP/LANE CLOSURES
- These spaghetti bowl ramps will intermittently close overnight June 6 to June 11 from 9p.m. to 6a.m. Both ramps will not be closed at the same time. Additional periodic ramp closures to continue through 2022.
Eastbound I-80 to northbound U.S. 395
Eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580
- Southbound I-580 off ramp to Second Street intermittently closed overnight 9p.m. to 6a.m. June 6 to June 11.
- Other surface street lane closures: https://ndotspaghettibowl.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/SBX_Map_Ongoing-constr-map-1-522×1024.jpg
I-580 LANE REDUCTIONS/SHIFTS
- Nightly lane reductions on southbound I-580 between Mill Street and spaghetti bowl from 9p.m. to 6a.m.
Schedule is subject to change.
The improvements are part of construction of the first phase of NDOT’s spaghetti bowl renovations, known as Spaghetti Bowl Xpress. Over the next two years, the eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580 Spaghetti Bowl ramp will be widened to two lanes and eastbound Interstate 80 lanes between Wells Avenue and the Spaghetti Bowl striped. On southbound I-580, auxiliary merge lanes and improved ramps will also be added between the Spaghetti Bowl and Plumb Lane, along with sound and aesthetic walls. The first phase of construction will not require relocation of any residences.
Project information and sign-up for e-mail project updates is available at www.ndotspaghettibowl.com.