23 Jul Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update Week of July 25
Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update Week of July 25
THE BIG RAMP UP
Beginning Monday morning, August 2, drivers wishing to exit southbound I-580 to Second or Mill Street will exit at a new, combined ramp just south of the current Second Street exit. The Second Street and Mill Street on ramp to southbound I-580 will also be combined into one temporary frontage road. View the traffic control flyer and video animation HERE.
Drivers can expect the following traffic control during the week of July 25. Traffic control and detour maps are available here. Construction operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Reno Spaghetti Bowl Ramp Closures
Ramps will be CLOSED intermittently overnight from 8 pm to 6 am on Sunday, July 25 to Friday, July 30. Please use marked detour routes.
- Eastbound I-80 to northbound US-395.
- Eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580.
Eastbound I-80 ramps will not be closed at the same time.
I-580 Southbound Lane Restrictions
- Overnight lane reductions on southbound I-580 between the spaghetti bowl and Mill Street from 8 pm to 5 am, Sunday, July 25 to Friday, July 30.
- Mill St. closed under I-580 (from approximately Louise St. to just before the main Grand Sierra Resort entrance) overnight from 8 pm to 6 am on Monday, July 26 and Tuesday, July 27. The southbound I-580 at Mill Street on and off ramps will also be closed. Northbound I-580 ramps at Mill Street remain open. Please use marked detour routes.
- Shuttle service to accommodate pedestrian traffic from one side of Mill Street under the bridge will be available throughout the operation.
- Kietzke Lane from Kuenzli Street to Galletti Way will be reduced to one lane in each direction during daytime hours (6 am to 8 pm) Sunday, July 25 to Friday, July 30. Business access will remain open.
- Kietzke Lane from Kuenzli Street to Galletti Way will be closed nightly in both directions from 8 pm to 6 am beginning Sunday, July 25 to Saturday, July 31. Please use marked detour routes. Pedestrian access will be maintained.
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS
TEXT: 797979 with “SBX” for project updates via text
Nighttime construction hours are approximately 8 pm to 6 am. Daytime construction hours are approximately 7 am to 5 pm. Drivers can expect reduced speeds through the work zone. All construction activities and times are subject to change and weather dependent.