05 Aug Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update Week of August 8
Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update Week of August 8
Washoe County Schools begin on Monday, August 9. Please slow down in school zones and watch for children and pedestrians.
Drivers can expect the following traffic control during the week of August 8. Traffic control and detour maps are available here. Construction operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
The wall patterns are traditional Native American baskets of the Great Basin Tribes. These basket patterns were developed with the Reno-Sparks Indian Colony (RSIC), who represent their members and descendants of Paiute, Shoshone and Washoe peoples. These Native basketry types and designs represents the great basin peoples traditional and contemporary arts and culture.
Reno Spaghetti Bowl Ramp Closures
Ramps will be CLOSED intermittently overnight from 8 pm to 6 am beginning Sunday, August 8 to Friday, August 13. Please use marked detour routes.
- Eastbound I-80 to northbound US-395.
- Eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580.
Eastbound I-80 ramps will not be closed at the same time.
Southbound I-580 Lane Restrictions
- Overnight lane reductions on southbound I-580 between the spaghetti bowl and Mill Street from 8 pm to 5 am, August 8 to Friday, August 13.
Southbound I-580 Second Street/Mill Street Off Ramps
Access to Second Street and/or Mill Street will be intermittently closed from the southbound I-580 Second Street/Mill Street off ramp overnight from 8 pm to 6 am beginning Sunday, August 8 to Friday, August 13. Access to one route—either Second Street or Mill Street—will be available.
- Kietzke Lane from Kuenzli Street to Galletti Way will be reduced to one lane in each direction during daytime hours (6 am to 8 pm) Sunday, August 8 to Friday, August 13. Business access will remain open.
East Fourth Street Weekend Closure Look Ahead
- UPCOMING: full closure of East Fourth Street from Galletti Way to Sixth Street is anticipated to take place the weekend of August 13. Please use marked detours. Pedestrian and business access will be maintained.
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS
TEXT: 797979 with “SBX” for project updates via text
Nighttime construction hours are approximately 8 pm to 6 am. Daytime construction hours are approximately 7 am to 5 pm. Drivers can expect reduced speeds through the work zone. All construction activities and times are subject to change and weather dependent.