26 Aug Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update Week of August 29 – September 3
Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update Week of August 29 – September 3
Drivers can expect the following traffic control during the week of August 29. Traffic control and detour maps are available here. Construction operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Eastbound I-80 Wells Avenue On Ramp Extended Closure
- The Eastbound I-80 Wells Avenue on ramp is temporarily closed 24 hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week until September 27. These dates are subject to change. The closure is needed for the safety of drivers and workers while crews reconfigure the new eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580 ramp. This is the first of two construction closures of the eastbound Wells on ramp.
- During the same timeframe as the Wells Avenue on ramp closure
(through September 27), two outside lanes on eastbound I-80 through the project area will be closed nightly (9 pm to 6 am).
Reno Spaghetti Bowl Ramp Closures
Ramps will be CLOSED intermittently overnight from 8 pm to 6 am beginning Sunday, August 29 to Friday, September 3. Please use marked detour routes.
- Eastbound I-80 to northbound US-395.
- Eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580.
- Westbound I-80 to southbound I-580.
I-580 Lane Reductions
- Overnight lane reductions on southbound I-580 between the spaghetti bowl and Mill Street from 8 pm to 5 am, Sunday, August 29 to Friday, September 3.
- Overnight lane reductions on northbound I-580 between Mill Street and the spaghetti bowl from 9 pm to 6 am, Monday, August 30 and Tuesday,
Southbound I-580 Second Street/Mill Street Off Ramps
- Access to Second Street and/or Mill Street will be intermittently closed from the southbound I-580 Second Street/Mill Street off ramp overnight from 8 pm to 6 am from Sunday, August 29 to Friday, September 3. Access to one route—either Second Street or Mill Street—will be available.
Northbound I-580 Second Street On Ramp
- The northbound I-580 on ramp at Second Street will be closed overnight, 9 pm to 6 am, Monday, August 30 and Tuesday, August 31.
- Kietzke Lane from Kuenzli Street to Galletti Way will be closed from 8 pm to
6 am nightly in both directions Sunday, August 29 to Friday, September 3.
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS
TEXT: 797979 with “SBX” for project updates via text
Nighttime construction hours are approximately 8 pm to 6 am. Daytime construction hours are approximately 7 am to 5 pm. Drivers can expect reduced speeds through the work zone. All construction activities and times are subject to change and weather dependent.