03 Sep Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update Week of September 5
Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update Week of September 5
Drivers can expect the following traffic control during the week of September 5. Crews will not be working on Sunday, September 5 or Monday, September 6 in observance of Labor Day. Traffic control and detour maps are available here. Construction operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Eastbound I-80 Wells Avenue On Ramp Extended Closure Through November
- The Eastbound I-80 Wells Avenue on ramp is temporarily closed 24 hours-a-day, seven-days-a-week until Friday, November 26. The original closure was planned until September 27 with another closure scheduled in 2022. Crews are able to combine operations into one phase, reducing the impact to drivers. These dates are subject to change. The closure is needed for the safety of drivers and workers while crews reconfigure the new eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580 ramp.
Reno Spaghetti Bowl Ramp Closures
Ramps will be CLOSED intermittently overnight from 8 pm to 6 am beginning Tuesday, September 7 to Friday, September 10. Please use marked detour routes.
- Eastbound I-80 to northbound US-395.
- Eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580.
Overnight I-80 Lane Reductions
- Overnight lane reductions on eastbound I-80 between Keystone Avenue and the spaghetti bowl from 8 pm to 5 am, Tuesday, September 7 to Friday, September 10.
Overnight I-580 Lane Reductions
- Overnight lane reductions on southbound I-580 between the spaghetti bowl and Mill Street from 8 pm to 5 am, Tuesday, September 7 to Friday, September 10.
Southbound I-580 Second Street/Mill Street Off Ramps
- Access to Second Street and/or Mill Street will be intermittently closed from the southbound I-580 Second Street/Mill Street off ramp overnight from 8 pm to 6 am from Tuesday, September 7 to Friday, September 10. Access to one route—either Second Street or Mill Street—will be available.
Overnight Kietzke Lane Closure
- Kietzke Lane from Kuenzli Street to Galletti Way will be closed from 8 pm to 6 am nightly in both directions Tuesday, September 7 to Friday, September 10.
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS
TEXT: 797979 with “SBX” for project updates via text
Nighttime construction hours are approximately 8 pm to 6 am. Daytime construction hours are approximately 7 am to 5 pm. Drivers can expect reduced speeds through the work zone. All construction activities and times are subject to change and weather dependent.