23 Sep Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update Week of September 26
Spaghetti Bowl Xpress (SBX) Traffic Control Update Week of September 26
Traffic control and detour maps are available here. Construction operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Street Vibrations Special Event
- More than 50,000 motorcyclists are anticipated to visit the Truckee Meadows this week thru September 26 during Street Vibrations. Please pay attention and look twice, share the road and RIDE SAFE! For more information on motorcycle safety visit ZeroFatalitiesNV.com.
Crews set girders over Kietzke Lane and the Truckee River.
Eastbound I-80 Wells Avenue On Ramp Extended Closure Through November
- The Eastbound I-80 Wells Avenue on ramp is temporarily closed 24 hours/day, seven days/week until Friday, November 26. These dates are subject to change. The closure is needed for the safety of drivers and workers while crews reconfigure the new eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580 ramp.
Reno Spaghetti Bowl Ramp Closures
Ramps will be CLOSED intermittently overnight from 8 pm to 6 am from
Sunday, September 26 to Friday, October 1. Please use marked detour routes.
- Eastbound I-80 to northbound US-395.
- Eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580.
Note: both ramps will be closed overnight Sunday September 26 and Monday September 27, with detour available (follow signage).
Overnight I-80 Lane Reductions
- Overnight lane reductions on eastbound I-80 between Keystone Avenue and the spaghetti bowl from 8 pm to 5 am, Sunday, September 26 to Friday, October 1.
Overnight I-580 Lane Reductions
- Overnight lane reductions on southbound I-580 between the spaghetti bowl and Mill Street from 8 pm to 5 am, Sunday, September 26 to Friday,
- Intermittent multiple lane closures on northbound and southbound I-580 between the spaghetti bowl and Mill Street from approximately 12 am to
2 am on Sunday, September 26 for highway sign removal. Anticipate travel delays of up to 20 minutes.
Southbound I-580 Second Street/Mill Street Off Ramps
- Access to Second Street and/or Mill Street will be intermittently closed from the southbound I-580 Second Street/Mill Street off ramp overnight from 8 pm to 6 am from Sunday, September 26 to Friday, October 1. Access to one route—either Second Street or Mill Street—will be available.
Kietzke Lane Closures
- Kietzke Lane from Kuenzli Street to Galletti Way will be closed from 8 pm to 6 am nightly in both directions Sunday, September 26 to Saturday, October 2.
CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS
TEXT: 797979 with “SBX” for project updates via text
Nighttime construction hours are approximately 8 pm to 6 am. Daytime construction hours are approximately 7 am to 5 pm. Drivers can expect reduced speeds through the work zone. All construction activities and times are subject to change and weather dependent.