01 Oct RAMP AND LANE CLOSURES FOR SPAGHETTI BOWL XPRESS CONSTRUCTION OCT. 3-8
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Oct. 1, 2021
RAMP AND LANE CLOSURES FOR SPAGHETTI BOWL XPRESS CONSTRUCTION OCT. 3-8
CARSON CITY, Nev. – The Nevada Department of Transportation is announcing street and ramp closures for Oct. 3-8 as part of continuing Reno Spaghetti Bowl improvements.
KIETZKE LANE CLOSURE
Southbound I-580 bridges over Kietzke Lane are being renovated/widened. Detours posted.
- Kietzke Lane will be closed from Kuenzli Street to Galletti Way from 8 p.m.-6 a.m. nightly Oct. 3-8.
WELLS AVENUE ON RAMP CLOSURE THROUGH NOV. 26
- Through Nov. 26, the Wells Avenue on-ramp to eastbound I-80 is closed 24-hours-a-day. Drivers can detour via Wells Avenue to the Oddie Boulevard on-ramp to U.S. 395.
MILL/SECOND STREET RAMP CLOSURES
- Access from southbound I-580 to Second Street and/or Mill Street intermittently closed overnight from 8 p.m.-6 a.m. Oct. 3-8.
- Access to one route, either Second Street or Mill Street, will remain available.
SPAGHETTI BOWL RAMP CLOSURES
These spaghetti bowl ramps will intermittently close overnight Oct. 3-8 from 8 p.m.-6 a.m. Additional periodic ramp closures to continue through 2022.
- Eastbound I-80 to northbound U.S. 395
- Eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580
SOUTHBOUND I-580 LANE REDUCTIONS
- Overnight lane reductions on southbound I-580 between the spaghetti bowl and Mill Street from 8p.m.-5 a.m., Oct. 3-8.
Schedule is subject to change.
The improvements are part of construction of the first phase of NDOT’s spaghetti bowl renovations, known as Spaghetti Bowl Xpress. Over the next two years, the eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580 Spaghetti Bowl ramp will be widened to two lanes and eastbound Interstate 80 lanes between Wells Avenue and the Spaghetti Bowl striped. On southbound I-580, auxiliary merge lanes and improved ramps will also be added between the Spaghetti Bowl and Plumb Lane, along with sound and aesthetic walls. The first phase of construction will not require relocation of any residences.
Project information and sign-up for e-mail project updates is available at www.ndotspaghettibowl.com.
Nevada Department of Transportation
Meg Ragonese, Public Information Officer
Phone: (775) 888-7172 / (775) 443-5926