29 Oct RAMP AND LANE CLOSURES FOR SPAGHETTI BOWL CONSTRUCTION NOV. 1-5
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: Oct. 28, 2021
RAMP AND LANE CLOSURES FOR SPAGHETTI BOWL CONSTRUCTION NOV. 1-5
CARSON CITY, Nev. – The Nevada Department of Transportation is announcing street and ramp closures
for Nov. 1-5 as part of continuing Reno Spaghetti Bowl improvements.
To provide a smoother interstate surface, next week crews will continue repairs to surface cracking and
potholes on I-580 between Mill Street and Moana Lane. In addition to continuing lane and ramp closures
near the spaghetti bowl, drivers should anticipate intermittent overnight lane and ramp closures on I-580
between Mill Street and Moana Lane through December for these important roadway repairs.
KIETZKE LANE CLOSURE
Southbound I-580 bridges over Kietzke Lane are being renovated/widened. Detours posted.
• Kietzke Lane will be closed from Kuenzli Street to Galletti Way from 8 p.m.-6 a.m. nightly Nov. 1-5.
WELLS AVENUE ON RAMP CLOSURE THROUGH NOV. 26
- Through Nov. 26, the Wells Avenue on-ramp to eastbound I-80 is closed 24-hours-a-day. Drivers
can detour via Wells Avenue to the Oddie Boulevard on-ramp to U.S. 395.
MILL/SECOND STREET RAMP CLOSURES
- Access from southbound I-580 to Second Street and/or Mill Street intermittently closed overnight from
8 p.m.-6 a.m. Nov. 1-5.
- Access to one route, either Second Street or Mill Street, will remain available.
SPAGHETTI BOWL RAMP CLOSURES
- These spaghetti bowl ramps will intermittently close overnight Nov. 1-5 from 8 p.m.-6 a.m.
Additional periodic ramp closures to continue through 2022.
Eastbound I-80 to northbound U.S. 395
Eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580
Note: both ramps will intermittently be closed at the same time, with marked detour available.
EASTBOUND I-80 LANE REDUCTIONS
- Overnight lane reductions on eastbound I-80 between Keystone Avenue and the spaghetti bowl
from 8 p.m.-6 a.m. nightly Nov. 3 and Nov. 4
SOUTHBOUND I-580 LANE REDUCTIONS
- Overnight lane reductions on southbound I-580 between the spaghetti bowl and Moana Lane from
8 p.m.-6 a.m., Nov. 1-5.
Schedule is subject to change.
The improvements are part of construction of the first phase of NDOT’s spaghetti bowl renovations, known as Spaghetti Bowl Xpress. Over the next two years, the eastbound I-80 to southbound I-580 Spaghetti Bowl ramp will be widened to two lanes and eastbound Interstate 80 lanes between Wells Avenue and the Spaghetti Bowl striped. On southbound I-580, auxiliary merge lanes and improved ramps will also be added between the Spaghetti Bowl and Plumb Lane, along with sound and aesthetic walls. The first phase of construction will not require relocation of any residences.
Nevada Department of Transportation
Meg Ragonese, Public Information Officer
Phone: (775) 888-7172 / (775) 443-5926